Choline is a water-soluble B vitamin. It can be produced in the human body, but natural quantities are often insufficient. Natural sources of choline include egg yolk, legumes, wheat germ, peanuts, and organ meats. Bitartrate is added to the choline to speed up the absorption rate within the body.
- Choline is a precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter (i.e. brain chemical) important for memory; it is also a component of phospholipids which make up cell membranes
- Low choline intake has been associated with increased fatty liver and raised homocysteine (raised homocysteine is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and dementia)
- Choline bitartrate is a gentle and bioavailable form of choline, suitable for those with impaired liver function.
Choline contributes to:
- Normal homocysteine metabolism
- Normal lipid metabolism
- The maintenance of normal liver function
|+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Soluble Choline Bitartrate powder.
1/2 to 1 level teasopon twice daily with meals, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Yeast; wheat; gluten; soy; dairy; added colourings, sweeteners & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.