Voodoo Bands are tools for both mobilization and injury recovery.
How to use:
- Anchor to a joint and start to wrap so the edges overlap
- Pull so tension in the band is roughly 50%
- Always wrap in a direction of moving away from the joint to ensure proper lymphatic drainage
- Once finished tuck the end into one of the overlaps
- Move in normal ranges of motion like walking or squatting (loaded or un-loaded) to help floss the tissues and compress any excess fluid up through the lymphatics.
Voodoo bands work well for reducing inflammation, swelling and pain. They are also powerful joint mobilizers through fascia flossing and releasing of tight local muscles.
The black band has a lighter tension than the red bands